Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day at Arlington Cemetery

In honor of Memorial Day some of us interns went to Arlington Cemetery. 




We got there early enough that we got pretty good seats for the President's speech. It was an excellent speech and honored our Armed Forces & Veterans. And well I got the awesome experience of hearing our President make a speech in person. I am so glad that we got to be there and have that amazing opportunity. 


President's speech


I'm not sure anyone can really realize how vast the cemetery is without going there. I always knew it was big but seeing it is an entirely different experience than thinking about it. I am so grateful for all those who have, are, and will serve for our country for the freedoms that we have. It's a larger sacrifice than most people think about on a daily or normal basis. One I think we take for granted far too often. I am so thankful.




My pictures are only a very, very small portion of Arlington cemetery.




Me at the cemetery.


No comments:

Post a Comment